Irrelevant Comments on our Pediatrician, Clarified

After reading my previous post several times, I was tempted to delete it, as I was embarrassed once I realized that if one of the women I most trust with the health of my children reads it, she would likely find it neither amusing nor flattering. However, in the journey that is publicly spilling my figurative guts (get the doctor joke?) on the Internet in the never-ending quest for positive feedback, I thought it would be better to clean up my discomfort than to simply delete it away. So, here it goes.

I highly respect my children's doctor and the care she provides for my boys. I also appreciate her kindness towards them (and me) and the ways she takes time to soothe and comfort them (and me!). She manages all of this tending with grace, humility, and timeliness, which is far more than I can say for many members of the medical profession.

In times of stress, it is easy for one to feel petty, and yesterday was one of those days for me. I feel helpless in the face of Boy Two's health problems, and the hope that he will outgrow the worst of them does not always serve as enough of a protective shield. So, instead of fessing up to my fears and insecurities, I teased her youth and allowed jelously to leak out onto the page. Now, tell me, who was being childish and vain, and I promise you it wasn't the good doctor.

Thank you for indulging me, my words, and my attempts to clean them up. Back to work now. I have some Karma to earn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the stairway

So much food.

so much going on