Follow By Email

If you would like to follow my blog, please type your email below and follow the directions given.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

From Above the Waves

"Mommy, watch this!" he yells from across the pool.
Jump.
Splash.
He disappears beneath the surface.
One-one-thousand.
I remember bringing him home from the hospital, wrapped up tight like a blue baby burrito.
Two-one-thousand.
On his first birthday, he was running down the sidewalk with Grandpa trying (unsuccessfully) to catch him.
Three-one-thousand.
When he first started preschool, he cried when I left him there and cried some more when I picked him up.
Four-one-thousand.
He stared at his baby brother when he was born, wrinkled his face, then asked if he could go home with Noni to watch Netflix.
Five-one-thousand.
Splash!
He shakes his head, erupting from the water.
"Mommy, could you see me?"
"Yes, baby.
Of course I could see you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment! I look forward to approving it.