From Above the Waves

"Mommy, watch this!" he yells from across the pool.
Jump.
Splash.
He disappears beneath the surface.
One-one-thousand.
I remember bringing him home from the hospital, wrapped up tight like a blue baby burrito.
Two-one-thousand.
On his first birthday, he was running down the sidewalk with Grandpa trying (unsuccessfully) to catch him.
Three-one-thousand.
When he first started preschool, he cried when I left him there and cried some more when I picked him up.
Four-one-thousand.
He stared at his baby brother when he was born, wrinkled his face, then asked if he could go home with Noni to watch Netflix.
Five-one-thousand.
Splash!
He shakes his head, erupting from the water.
"Mommy, could you see me?"
"Yes, baby.
Of course I could see you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the stairway

So much food.

so much going on