so long ago

I haven't written since 2015? Man, time flies. Now, my children are 6 and 10, and boy, I like 10 better than six. Six has issues. He doesn't like being told that he is in the wrong. He doesn't like when screen time goes away. He throws things. He threatens my work computer. He cries until he almost throws up. It is ugly. No one is happy.
Ten is pretty cool. He does most of what is asked of him and plays video games quietly when it is time to rest. He writes interesting journal entries. I am in love with ten.
Here is to remembering that six only lasts a year. Here is to the memory of two when I spent all of my time half bent over. Here is to no more diapers. Here is to the hope of functioning adults.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the stairway

So much food.

so much going on