I Want You


When you are with me, I am scared.

Scared of what is going to happen.

Scared of what is going to come out of my mouth.

Scared that I will say everything or nothing,

And scared of the consequences of either and both and anything.


When you are away, I miss you.

I want to know what you are doing.

I want to know what you are thinking.

I want to know that you know that I am still here,

And desperate to be with you again.


Moments are unbearable

In the silent spaces between our breaths,

In the empty hours of parting,

In the cluttered chasms of thought.

And I want to be with you,

Scared, missing, and incomplete.

I want you and all of the desperate consequences.

I want you with me forever. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the stairway

So much food.

so much going on