Thankful in October

I love the fall. I love sweater weather, school in full force, and the promise of holidays to come. So now, as October rolls into full force, I am reminded of November, the month during which, for several years now, I have posted on social media each day, from the first to Thanksgiving, one thing for which I am thankful. Today, I am reminded of all for which I am thankful, even though it is still October. Please indulge me as I explain.

I had the luxury last week of going on vacation with my husband and boys for the first time without grandparents allowing us to tag along, and I am thankful for the generosity of my husband's parents as well as our ability, finally, to afford this vacation on our own.

While we were away, we swam and ate and saw the sights.

I am thankful for our able bodies, good food, and the beauty of the world.

I also had to do much of the inane and everyday tasks that I would have to do at home anyway.

I  am thankful for fully-stocked grocery stores, Target, and machines that make my laundry clean.

My first-world life, while full of first-world problems, is also amazing and filled with ease and comfort.

May I always remember the gifts, even when I struggle with the challenges.

May I always remember to be thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the stairway

So much food.

so much going on